Tuesday, March 15, 2011

collision

and... because i am, yet again, bogged down with too much information i will be posting more poetry instead of plant write-ups.  i do promise, however, that several excellent posts will be here soon (i also need to find the cord for my camera so i can upload photos--i have tons of pictures!)--portraits of bloodroot, angelica & tobacco are all on their way.
until then, here are some more words:


I'm not sure this tumbling would resolve anything.

But, the lack--
the stillness of action
is eating my skin.

As i was walking, downhill
a scene played out in my mind:
"Give me your eyes," she said
as he opened his mouth
and she wanted to take the silver-spoon-slung with sugar
dress her eyes with sugar and coal
and feed him her stare.
Watch her eyes slink down his throat
licking, shivering tongue
your sweat
in my mouth

and i trip, distracted
but do not fall.
Poised mid-air collision with the wind
only a stumble
i wished for the pain
the full flat-facesmashed crash
knees scraped
to be pushed--facedown in the dirt
stones kneading my shoulders, heaving
(let my animal loose for awhile, please...)
let me
drink in the air that surrounds you
let me
use my mouth to breathe
instead of just
host tears of saliva
(the jitters are rushing the air out of my lungs)
i need to hold onto something.
I need to surrender
(let me let go of the wheel for awhile)
but my fingers, despite themselves, grip it far too tightly.
Knuckles red and swollen.
Let me
please--
release.

No comments:

Post a Comment